Thursday, June 10, 2010

Prepare yourselves... its go time.

2nd POST! woot woot, just a quick heads up to the CITY YOUTH MIDS, next week is your last wednesday night. If your not there... your in trouble. Be there and enjoy it, its going to be special.

Tonight shaw-na na is preaching and talking about preparing yourselves for to grow spirtually during the summer. Last week we kinda touched on how the summer is full of distractions but in saying that, its totally a time to buckle down and grow.
Alot times we here from the pastor about "growing spirtually??" and I think its all different for everyone but for me its 3 simple things...

a)gaining more from the word. (Reading the good book)there is always more..
b)gaining faith - just being able to trust god more (A BIG PART OF THIS IS PRAYING! not just praying its nice out so you can hit up the beach and show your new swimsuit but diving into prayer!)
c)acting and making J-wow decisions

If I am learning and striving to do these things better.. Im going to grow spirtually. The cool part is, we all grow on different levels. Sometimes I feel like I'm not consuming much from the Bible. Even recently a friend gave me a verse to read that he was so jacked up on, like as excited as oprah gets when Tom Cruise is on her show."ITS OFFICAL THE GREATEST VERSE OF ALL TIME!" Then I'll read it and be like... umm yeah are you kidding? Were all going to grow in different ways, different speeds, different everything. It's supposed to be a personal relationship between you and the Big Guy, the key is were all striving to grow.

I really wish I had a sweet story or something uber funny to say guys. But this whole idea is soooo simple. Take advantage of the church and all your youth leaders, keep yourself consumed with the right people. Force yourself to read your bible even if its not your fav thing to do. Do what Jesus would do, learn to put things in Gods hands and guys, this summer you will be more amazed the I was when the chicago blackhawks won the stanley cup. Miricales do happen!! (sorry Garrett...)

There is so much to grab guys, check this verse out, I love it, It always helps me out, kicks me back into gear.. if it seems different its from "The Message" which is a paraphrase version of the bible that is less Shakespeare and more today.

Jeremiah 12" When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I'll listen. 13-14" When you come looking for me, you'll find me. "Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I'll make sure you won't be disappointed."

Get serious, want it more than anything else guys.

Be Blessed
-Luke

1 comment: